- Working more effectively with others webinar where I talk with Inger Mewburn (aka ThesisWhisperer) about how different personality preferences can get in the way of developing working relationships and how to overcome this. You can also find a supplement document for this webinar here.
- Introduction to the Researcher Development Framework (RDF) – produced for Vitae and provides an overview of the framework and how it can be used. See www.vitae.ac.uk/rdf for more.
- Identifying knowledge screencast where I present an overview of how to identify and manage information using social media and web 2.0 technologies.
- PhD Futures interview where I talk about how I developed my career and how I’m still using the skills I learnt during my PhD.
Articles and discussions
- Using social media to enhance your research workbook
- Using new tools to communicate research HE live chat for the Guardian in February 2012
- Chapter on ‘Nurturing your online network for meaningful research connections’ in the book: 53 interesting ways to communicate your research (in press)
Resources I like
- All things Vitae
- Resources and opportunities in public engagement
- engagement@manchester guides and toolkits
- methods@manchester resources showcases different research methods and how to use them in practice
- An Academic Career award winning website
- Building a successful career for doctoral researchers
- 9 life lessons from Tim Minchin
There’s lots more I will add to these lists but these should get you started…